Langton Hall dates back 400 years - come and see a part of History.
Langton Hall is rich with history. The Grade II listed Hall dates back to the 18th century, the north wing was built in 1738 and the south wing in 1840. The Hall was listed by English Heritage in 1951, with the entrace gates added to the listed building register in 1966.
The property has come full cycle from the ancestral home of the Norcliffe family, used for D-Day preparations during the Second World War, becoming a preparatory school between 1946 and 2012, and finally, after a period of being vacancy, dereliction, and degradation, it was purchased by Charles William Langton.
Langton Hall had been the seat of the Norcliffe family (often mentioned in the BBC drama Gentleman Jack), and previously owned by their descendants Howard-Vyse family. During the Second World War the Guards Armoured Division used the property as a base for D-Day landing preparations, and are reputedly visited by the Royal Family and Winston Churchill.
Despite being in a bad state of repair following the war, the Woodleigh School moved into the property in 1946. The preparatory school for boys and girls aged 3 to 13 had been established in 1929 by Arthur England, the grandfather of the last headmaster in 2012.
Charles William Langton is now the owner of Langton Hall, overseeing a much needed refurbishment to become his country home. The property has a compliment of full time staff tending to the garden, the Main Hall, and change overs in the managed holiday lets. The Main Hall is available on weekends when Charles William Langton is away, allowing you to live like the lord of the manor.